Over 30,000 people are expected at the largest and most authentic Oktoberfest celebrations held in Australia, over two weekends at the RNA Showgrounds from 8 – 10 October and 15 – 17 October.
- An authentic “Oompah” band flown directly from Germany
- ‘Alpenrosen’ dance troupes
- Cow bell ringers
- Yodeller ‘Heidi’
- A traditional beer hall
- Appearances by personalities from Network Ten Kids’ programs
- An animal farm
- Traditional German puppet theatre, ‘Leierkastenmann’
- Goal shooting competitions
- Face painting and plenty of carnival rides
The popular ‘Miss Oktoberfest’ and ‘Bavarian Strongman’ competitions are also set to return with judges seeking the woman who best personifies Oktoberfest Brisbane’s finest qualities and testing the strength and barrel-balancing skills of the toughest men.
The 80m x 25m Oktoberfest tent will be adorned with Bavarian colours and traditional German décor including wreaths in the ceiling that are three metres in diameter each and tables and benches that are exactly the same as those used in Munich.
- Fresh spit-roasted chickens
- Pork hocks with crackling prepared in true Bavarian style
- Pretzels baked fresh around the clock
- A delicious variety of wood-fired sausages
- Plus numerous other German cakes and desserts
As part of the package, guests enjoy allocated tables and seating, special food offerings, commemorative souvenirs and dedicated hospitality.
Tickets are available through Ticketek. A percentage of every ticket goes to Brisbane charity Youngcare.